Hand sanitizer is an antiseptic liquid, foam, or gel used to inhibit the spread of infectious microorganisms and other harmful bacteria on the hands. Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are generally more effective in eliminating microorganisms. The hand sanitizer is used to address microorganisms immune to soap and water. Alcohol-free hand sanitizers constitute another type of sanitizer. These do not strip away oils from the skin and retain moisture.
Factors that drive the growth of the global hand sanitizer market include change in lifestyle of people and increase in consumer inclination towards health.
Moreover, rise in awareness about hand hygiene has significantly influenced the market. However, health hazardous associated with hand sanitizer are expected to hamper the market growth in the near future.
The Global Hand Sanitizer Market size was valued at ₹92 Crores in 2016 to reach ₹176 Crores by 2023, and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 9.9% from 2017 to 2023. Hand sanitizer is an antiseptic solution, which is used as an alternative to soap and water. It is used to prevent the transmission of infection, which is majorly caused through hand transmission, further causing several diseases such as nosocomial food-borne illness and others
Consumer inclination towards health & wellness and product innovation such as addition of fragrances in formulation of sanitizers are projected to boost the growth of the global hand sanitizer market. Furthermore, improvement in living standards, rise in health expenditure, increase in awareness about hand hygiene, and support from organization such as WHO, FDA, and others towards the need for sanitation augment the demand for hand sanitizers. However, health hazards associated with chemical ingredients are anticipated to hamper the market growth during the forecast period.
Global Hand Sanitizer Market can be segmented into Product, Distribution Channel, End User, and Region.
By Product: Global Hand Sanitizer Market can be segmented into Foam, Gel, Spray, Others. The gel-based hand sanitizer segment holds the largest market share as it is effective and takes less time to eradicate germs. Foam based hand sanitizer segment is expected to grow significantly during the forecasted period of 2020-27 as it is more convenient to use than other types.
By Distribution Channel: Global Hand Sanitizer Market can be segmented into Departmental Store, Online Store, Pharmacy Store, Others. The Departmental store segment holds the largest market share owing to a large distribution chain and attractive discounts offered by vendors. The online segment is expected to grow significantly in the coming years due to increasing e-commerce websites and rapid internet penetration.
By End-user: Global Hand Sanitizer Market can be segmented into Restaurants, Hospitals, Schools, Household, Others. The hospitals segment accounts for the largest market share as a large number of hand sanitizers are used by Doctors, Patients and staffs in hospitals to prevent infections.
By Region: Global Hand Sanitizer Market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America.
Top 20 Brands For Hand Sanitizers India
- Himalaya PureHands Hand Sanitizer
- Dettol Instant Hand Sanitizer
- Dr Batras Non-Alcoholic Hand Sanitizer
- Sterillium Hand Sanitizer
- 3M Avagard Moisturizing Hand Sanitizer
- Zuci Hand Sanitizer
- Savlon Hand Sanitizer
- Dr Morepen Protect Hand Sanitizer
- Livsure Hand Sanitizer
- Wiz Hand Sanitizer Pouch
- Kaya Hand Sanitizer
- Khadi Pure Herbal Hand Sanitizer
- Bello Herbal Hand Sanitizer
- SaniPax Hand Sanitizer
- Janaab Pocket Hand Sanitizer
- Bath and Body Hand Sanitizer
- Sani-Hands Hand Sanitizer Wipes
- Kronokare Hand Sanitizer
- Purell Advanced Instant Hand Sanitizer
- ISOCOL™ Multipurpose Antiseptic Hand Sanitizer
Guideline for Hand Sanitizer Licence
- Application may be filled online through Nivesh Mitra, or in case of any difficulty it may be applied offline as under –
- Application shall be made in Form 24 with fee of Rs. 7500.00 to the Drug Inspector, FSDA, Office of District Magistrate/Assistant Commissioner (Drug), FSDA, Office of Commissioner/Drug Licensing and Controlling Authority, Food Safety and Drug administration, Sector C, Aligannj Lucknow.
- Drug Inspector/Assistant Commissioner (Drug) shall inspect the premises and forward application with inspection report to the Head Quarter, Lucknow within one day.
- Head Quarter shall examine the application and issue the licence immediately. If application is not in order, applicant shall be informed to rectify the discrepancies within three days and further action shall be taken as per Rules.
i. Form 24
ii. Fee challan of Rs. 7500.00, Fee may be paid online through www.rajkosh.up.nic.in
iii. Map of premises
iv. NOC of pollution and Fire department/Undertaking of compliance of provisions of Pollution and Fire.
v. Water test report, (may be submitted before start of production)
vi. List of machinery and equipments
vii. Proof of building ownership
viii. Rent agreement, if applicable
ix. Constitution of the firm.
x. Affidavit of responsible/authorized person.
xi. Health fitness certificate of workers.
xii. Consent of outside laboratory for testing, if applicable.
i. Change room
ii. Solution preparation room – air conditioned with controlled environment.
iii. Filling and packing room.
iv. Store room – raw material, packing material and finished goods
v. Quarantine area.
- Machinery of Production Area:
i. Solution preparation vessel with suitable stirrer – SS
ii. Storage tanks – SS
iii. Filling and sealing machine
iv. Labelling machine, manual labelling may be done.
- Technical Person:
i. Manufacturing chemist – B.Sc with experience in manufacturing
ii. Analytical chemist – B.Sc. with experience in analysis
- Laboratory for the testing of raw material and finished products.